Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hair update.



The pictures on the blog tonight are the hair update. I wanted you to see the great haircut that Gretta gave me while we were gone. These curls are fun to wear, but they get unruly when they are too long. She got me shaped up after I’d cut on it here and there; she knows what she’d doing and it feels so good to have it right. I apologize for having 3 pictures on the blog; I know it’s time consuming for you with dial up access, but it’s not a complete hair report if you don’t see it from every angle. I’m so pleased to have hair, again. It’s wonderful to have plenty and the curl is way fun!

We had a wonderful time at the fish fry. We didn’t get around to playing cards; there were just too many people. It was fun to visit and the food was really good. Dorothy and David were able to go, so that was a treat for all of us, too.

The December that I went to Tijuana for treatment one of our good friends, Charlene, was in a car accident and lost her leg about the first week that we were gone. They first amputated her leg at the ankle, then after 5 surgeries she ended up with her leg amputated about 6 inches above the knee. This precious lady has been a widow for years, but she is such a great survivor. She now has an artificial leg and can walk with a cane. She is able to drive her own car and still lives alone. She went with us tonight, so that was another treat about tonight’s adventure. We love her dearly. She and I have kind of survived together since we were both taken down at the same time. She’s had a much tougher ‘row to hoe’ than I have, but she’s been a great example to me. She plays cards with us from time to time, so you know what a good friend she is. Often she and I count our blessings together and we count each other among our blessings.

I have to tell you this. When my hair fell out Don called me “Curley.” Now, he calls me Jo, again; I guess he recognizes me! Another funny thing that happened this week: we were at the Kozy Diner having breakfast and a guy came in and said, “Aren’t you Mr. Shnell’s boy?” That was too funny! I thought the guy was going to say Mr. Shnell and I was ready for him to say, ‘You can just call me Don.” Then when he said ‘boy,’ I was too tickled and Don was pretty much speechless! They say people who laugh live 8 years longer than those who don’t, so we’ll live to be old we laugh so much! (I know; our kids think we are ALREADY old, but WE think we are young. After all, Don’s just a boy!) God is great to bless us with laughter and wonderful people in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment