Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Flowers at home


The picture on the blog today is one Don took of me yesterday, I think. Those are daisies and echinacea from my front flower bed. I love those flowers! They come back every year and they make great cut flowers for the house. The bow is left over from the arrangement Gretta, Joe, Garrett and Elena sent for mothers day. I thank God for my flowers in the yard!

Today has been busy. We did our usual walking, but we also went out to make a quick visit with Dorothy and David. Dorothy is doing so much better. She has to go to OKC to see her doctor tomorrow, so she’s bracing for a long ride there and back. I hope he’ll be able to encourage her some.

Jo Ann and Frank have a huge pond on their farm and it’s stocked with fish. They have a friend, Carl, who loves to fish and then leave the fish in their freezer. So, once in a while they have a big fish fry to make space in their freezer. This Saturday is the fish fry! There are 23 people coming, and where there are 8 of us there will be canasta, I imagine. Anyway, I made my mom’s recipe of Edgefield Slaw today to take Saturday. YUM! It’s better after it sits a day or two, so it’ll be perfect Saturday. I thought it was perfect today as I nibbled it. Ruthie, I sure wish you and Phil were here to go with us to the fish fry! Mom will be going with the slaw! I’ve enjoyed making it today, thinking of her and you!

Don’s blister is peeling off his foot, finally. I got a picture of it today, but who knows when I’ll get it onto the blog. I’m just glad it didn’t bother him more than it did. We thank God every day when we walk for the ability to walk! What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Well, don't you look "spiffy"!! I love the pretty bouquet too!! Thanks for wishing for us to join you at the fish fry....that would be such fun! I know you'll have lots of good fellowship and good food! I'd sure like to have some good Edgefield slaw...haven't made that in a long time! Please give my regards to Dorothy and David...I think about them so much and glad she is doing better!

    Love,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post; it was great to talk to you on the phone today. Happy 4th!

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete