Monday, July 7, 2008

VBS week.

The picture on the blog tonight is of my daisy and Echinacea patch out front. They give me such a boost to have flowers to cut and bring into the house. I keep some by the kitchen sink and some on my mirror in the bathroom. Thank you, God, for a boost everyday.

We are having vacation Bible school at church this week. I’m not teaching, but I’m ‘manning’ the registration table. Don is driving the church’s van to go get kids around town who need a ride and then take them home when it’s over, so we’re both tied up for the mornings.

We have to get up and walk really early to get cleaned up and breakfast before we head out to VBS. It’s fun, though. The kids are inspiring. Daniel is doing a great job with them and so are all the other teachers. I’m amazed and hopeful to observe it all.

This afternoon I’ve been scouring the house to find pictures of when Gretta was a baby to send to her. Then I had to figure out how to get the scanner to work and then get them sent to her. This is all really hard for me (because it’s technical), but I sent a bunch. It was fun going through all the pictures. There are still a bunch I’m hunting, but I found a bunch to get her started. She’s working on an album, I think, to keep her mind going in a positive direction.

We have so much for which to give thanks. All the technical stuff was hard today, but I thank God that I COULD do it! I thank him for giving me the use of my fingers! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    Don’t tell me technology is hard for you… You are the epitome of technology.

    Gene…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Gene, I just have you so snowed! It feels good, though, so you just keep believing it!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete