Friday, July 25, 2008

Mary, Mary Jo, and the rainbow tree.


The picture today is me with Steve’s wife, Mary at their rainbow tree. Love these memories!

Today has been a fun day; we didn’t do a single important thing, but we had lots of fun. I think THAT’S pretty important Don and I got up early and walked. When we got home Jo Ann had the sausage made and the biscuits ready to go into the oven. I made gravy and we had those wonderful home grown tomatoes that Kristy (their daughter) sent. Yum; what a breakfast. We called it brunch and had hamburgers around 4:30 for dinner. The guys just had a bowl of ice cream, so we’re all content. I save this to the computer, then I’ll go to MacDonald’s and post it while they watch Closer on TV.

We talked to David last night and were horrified to learn that our friend, Dorothy, fell yesterday and broke her wrist! God love her! I talked to her today and she sounds great. Bless her heart. I guess this will give her a little more time to recover from the back surgery! I thank God she didn’t break a hip or injure her back, and it was her left wrist, so she can still comb her hair and feed herself, etc. I also thank God that her attitude is wonderful!

We’ve played 4 games of hand and foot canasta and the guys have won 3 of them. I may start rationing the gravy if they don’t let up on us. Actually, we’re having fun even when we lose. We also went to an outlet mall today and Jo Ann got a really good deal on some Naturalizer shoes for school. Then we went to the 99 cent store and I got a stash of sugar free cookies, so we came home happy.

Tomorrow is my day of appointments. We’ll leave here at 6:30, so it’s an early day for us. My friend, Judy, who lives here is meeting us for my appointment with the oncologist in the morning. Then we hope we can meet Ann and Jim Nelson for lunch. Ann has appointments at MDA tomorrow, too

No comments:

Post a Comment