Friday, July 25, 2008

Meet the Beauties' mommy!

This picture is Jeanette, our daughter-in-law and the mother of the beautiful ladies you saw on the blog last night. She’s visiting with Don at the Cracker Barrel. Tomorrow I’ll put on Jeff’s picture. Wait until you see him!

Today was like a gift. We were really ready to go, so I washed our clothes from OKC and re-packed. I’ve had a rib out and causing my back to hurt, so I went to see my wonderful chiropractor and he fixed it. It slipped back out sometime this afternoon, though. UGH. At least I know that it’s the rib and not a metastasis to the bones! It’s not a terrible pain and I’ve had it lots before, so it’s okay. I’m going to go hang on the inversion table in the basement and see if I can get it to go back right before I go to bed.

I’ve fixed some things around here today, since I had an extra day. I love to be able to do that. I didn’t have food in the house for meals since we didn’t mean to be here, so we went out to eat all day. That was fun, too. Dorothy and David joined us for supper, so we loved that.

I thank God for this day of rest and thank Him for the safe trip He will give us tomorrow. Frank and Jo Ann are going to be here at 6:45 to load the car, so we can leave at 7. They are always early, so we’ll get off early, no doubt. I love having predictable friends. Unpredictable friends are wonderful, too. We’re going to have a fun week this week. Canasta, canasta, canasta! Ha!

We’ll see Doris and Jerry and their family at church. We can hardly wait to see them. The little guys are both walking; I sure hope they remember us. I thank God for the support they’ve been to us through this. What joy!

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jo - We CANNOT wait to you so both on Sunday!! I have sure missed you guys dearly! Luke is ready for a kiss & hug from his Uncle Donny and Aunt Jo!! :)
    Have a safe trip and see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, you all make coming to the doctor FUN! Thanks so much for rearranging your schedule so that you can join us Sunday! Woo hoo! Here we come after Lukes kiss and hug!

    Love you,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete