Sunday, July 13, 2008

Losing is full of hard lessons!


The picture on the blog is Mason holding Raynie today when we stopped for a quick visit. We took the hat to Mason and Raynie had to wear a hat, too! She loves hats and can say ‘hat.’ She’s starting to say lots of words; for the longest everything was ‘mom.’ She’s saying ‘uh-oh’ and ‘thank you,’ as well as lots of other things I didn’t catch! Thank you, God!

We had a safe trip here and it’s wonderful to see everyone, but the guys lost both of their games today. That’s disappointing, but I’m sure it hits the adults harder than it does the guys. It’s wonderful to win, but there is a lot to learn in losing, too. I guess it’s something like all there is to learn with breast cancer: a bunch of stuff we never wanted to learn and it isn’t easy, but I think it’s way valuable.

We are staying in a very nice hotel and the social aspect of all the team and fans staying together is really a good experience. Losing is hard, but I’m still way impressed with these boys. They play so well and they are a lesson to me just to watch. I thank God for their commitment to doing their best and to the parents and families who support them in being the best they can be. I think this is super experience for all of us, but especially the boys. They play hard all year to earn the right to come to this event and compete with the best in their age range (13 year olds). God has given them gifts of ability, spirit, and stamina, not to mention wonderful parents; I thank Him for all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment