Thursday, July 17, 2008

Can you believe the curly hair? God so abundantly gives!

Today I cut fresh flowers, again. God is so good to me! So, this is me with a new arrangement; looks the same as the others, doesn’t it? I took one to the new Baptist preacher in town to welcome them to town. This is so me, so it’s an appropriate picture. I absolutely love to cut the flowers and bring them in and arrange them. Then I set them on the bar and enjoy them as I work in the kitchen. I have the grandkids pictures on the other end of the bar, so it’s ‘my spot.’ (Seems like I spend a lot of time at the sink.) I sure thank God for the Grandkids, for digital cameras, for the flowers and even for the sink!

It was so nice to be in our regular routine today. We got up and walked early and then went to the Kozy Diner for breakfast. We ran some errands and took care of odds and ends around here. It’s nice to be home and getting some things done. ‘Things’ don’t amount to much, but then pile up and are heavy burdens when they are all piled up on my back at one time.

I’ve got to throw more herbs and vitamins to be ready for our trip to OKC for Raynie’s surgery and then to Houston after that. It’s really a good thing we got to come home early from the ball tournament to give me time to get these things done.


4 comments:

  1. Love the hair, love the flowers and love you!! So glad you remember to thank God for all his abundant gifts; such an example to the rest of us! I never fail to be here for the blog, but do fail to let you know!!

    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So glad you like it all, too, and especially me! The flowers are so refreshing to me! The hair is warm, so I'm grateful for it. I'm glad to have this "E ticket" ride with this curly hair. I try to do something with it and I find that I can do whatever IT wants to do. It's pretty fun. I love that I'm not in control of it and I love that it keeps me warm. I think it's really fun to have this curly experience. I start the list to thank God and am overwhelmed with it! I'm so grateful that we were raised to know God; what a tremendous blessing that was!

    Love and miss you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable!! You are also such and inspiration. I love you Sissy......hey, have you been watching BB?

    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Terri! I love it when you write and tell me such nice things! No, I haven't seen BB this time. We had a ballgame when it started and if it's been on again we didn't know it. I hope we can catch up!

    Love you!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete