Monday, July 21, 2008

Feel like dancing.

The picture on the blog is me acting silly tonight. We’re ready to go as much as we can be. I feel like dancing, but I don’t know how. I feel really good and I have a red rose; now I just need music, some know-how and a partner. Actually, I probably ought to have good knees, so I’d better rule out the dancing! My knees let me walk, but I think dancing would be out of the question! The rose is one I have around for fun; it’s not real.

Tomorrow I’ll get up and walk by myself. Don wants to sleep late if he can. He didn’t sleep well last night, so he needs to catch up if he can. When I get home I’ll load the car before I get cleaned up because it’s HOT in the garage! After I get cleaned up there is a birthday luncheon next door for our neighbor across the street, Hazel. After that is over we’re leaving for Oklahoma City.

Today I spent getting everything packed and ready to go for the next two weeks. We might go straight from OKC to Houston. We’re taking everything so we can if we need to go from there. It will depend on how Raynie does. I’ll take the laptop and keep you posted about her and our plans.

I will be so glad to get this appointment done in Houston. I really feel so good, but I don’t know what is an indicator of problems. They told me to watch for anything different. Lot’s of ‘different’ things appear when I’m really looking! I’ll be glad to have them tell me that this or that is okay or that we need to attack it. I thank God for the good treatments I’ve had and a husband who supports me staying with MD Anderson. It’s a long drive down there, but I feel that they know what they are doing. My cancer was not an early stage, nor a simple one, so I feel that it needs the experts. If you are wondering I had two types of cancer, both invasive. One was ductal and the other was lobular. That’s not pretty and the fact that it had spread to my lymph nodes complicated it. The fact that it was large made it messy, too. It was stage 3b. None of that is to be taken lightly, so we treated it aggressively and will watch it closely. Remember, they got all they saw with the surgery and radiated aggressively after that, plus I’m taking Arimidex to help prevent it from recurring. I feel good about my future, but I’d be lying if I implied that I’m not concerned. I think I will be concerned if I live to be 100. I am so glad that God is my father and I trust His care and timing. I appreciate the care He has provided, and the love and support He has provided. You, who are reading this are part of that love and support. Thank you!


4 comments:

  1. Jo,

    We'll be praying extra hard this week for you and Rayne--Tricia and family too. It will be hard for them but everything will be OK. This has been a great summer; visiting with all of you, Brenna and Kailan have both been able to stay some during vacation. Now we're off to Ashley's with Brenna for a few days to go to Carowinds. We will put your family on all the pray lists we have so you know you are covered.

    Have a safe trip and give everyone a BIG hug :)) for me. Love ya guys,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, have a great trip to Ashley's! You've had some great time with Brenna and Kailan; now you'll have some good times with the rest of the kids! We'll be praying for your safe trip!

    Thanks for your prayers for us, too. It's wonderful to know we have God to take care of us, isn't it! It's sure been nice to see you; wish we could have seen the kids, too, but we'll dream about that in the future!

    Hugs back! Love you!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lead a good example of life after cancer! I appreciate the way you enjoy life. I think of you often and always read your blog. Take care!
    Your sister in cancer,
    Wendy's Becky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy's Becky! How sweet to hear from you and I love the reminder of our precious Wendy! I'm sorry to be so long in replying to this post; I got distracted with all our travels and almost missed it!

    I pray that you will continue to do well. I'm so thrilled with my report so far!

    Love you,

    Wendy's Jo :)

    ReplyDelete