Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Storms miss us, again.

This is a picture of me in front of the storm that missed us this afternoon. Thank you, God for opportunities to see this awesome power, SAFELY!

We got up early to walk this morning before VBS, but it was sprinkling, so we got about half a block and came home. Then after VBS we went out to see if we could walk and it started to sprinkle and thunder and we saw that big black cloud that is in the picture. We decided it was not a good time to be away from home, so we hung around for a while and took pictures. Then we decided to unplug electrical stuff and take a nap while the storm did its thing. Its thing was to go north and east of us. Whew! We finally did get to walk. Thankfully, it was cloudy so that kept it from being too steamy.

Every day I’m impressed with the kids at VBS! I’ve been to lots of Vacation Bible Schools in my lifetime, but this one is the best, I think. I must have been ready for it. These kids are so terrific. I think everyone my age should go observe at a VBS; you’ll be encouraged to see the kids behave in that environment. I’m impressed with all the teachers and helpers, too. It’s really encouraging to me.

Tomorrow is Raynie’s first birthday. We’ll stop by to see her and help her celebrate being one on our way to Tulsa on Sunday. Tulsa is where Bruce’s world series is this year, so we’ll be going there for most of next week.

Tomorrow is also the anniversary of the beginning of my treatment at MD Anderson. A lot has happened in the last year. I thank God for the opportunity to have that treatment and for your support over the last year and the months before. I feel great and pray that my recovery continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment