Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grandkids are such a blessing!


The picture on the blog tonight is Ethan, Elise, and Kyle on the way to church when we were there last month. There was a better picture of Ethan on the blog last night, but I like this one because it’s a sweet memory to me of them sitting so well packed in the back of the Suburban. Of course Ethan does his best to keep up with the older two; Elise is so the peacemaker, and Kyle is really a kind big brother. Yes, they are normal and they have their conflicts from time to time, but they kept it to a minimum while we were there and we were very impressed and proud.

Today was a great day for me! The glass cooktop on my stove had been broken for a while and my washer has been leaking for a while, and I got them both fixed today! I could still use the washer and just wipe up the leak, and I still used the stove, but they were both hanging over our heads as ‘needy.’ It felt good to get them fixed, and we were so glad not to have to totally replace either!

Then we went out to Jo Ann and Frank’s to play canasta tonight and the women beat the men all three games! Dorothy and David and Dorothy’s sister went with us! Dorothy did great! Isn’t it a tremendous blessing that she is so able to get around after that back surgery! Praise God! Her baby sister, Vel, is here for a few days and she went with us. She is so much like Dorothy, so it was such a delight to play with her.

We are blessed with wonderful family and friends. We sure thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment