Sunday, May 24, 2009

All is quiet here.

This picture is sweet Gracie. She should grow up to be a model because she sure loves to pose for the camera. This is a little swimsuit I bought for her at a yard sale and she loved it, so she was prancing around in it, so her Daddy posed her and I got several shots. I’ll post them from time to time. I got several great pictures this weekend, so the blog will have fun pictures of the kids for the next few days. We missed Nate because he was at Boys State. We missed all the other kids, but it was great to have a house full.

I’ve got the beds all changed, and all the doll babies dressed. Raynie had a great time playing with the baby dolls, and then I really have some more fun dressing them after she goes home. I guess it’s a nostalgic thing, huh?

I am so amazed at how good I feel. I was up until 2 this morning attempting to name the girls in a picture taken of a bunch of us at a birthday party 48 years ago. It was such fun, and I wouldn’t have slept anyway until I got it clear in my mind. I thank God for precious memories from over the years and from this weekend. I love every day of life and I think breast cancer taught me that. I’m not staying up late tonight, though. I’m going right to bed as soon as I post this blog.

Thanks for caring and remember all our troops all over the world and at home tomorrow and every day. Don reminded me once that the civilians serve our country by working and paying taxes that make our military financially possible. I had never thought of it that way. Being a military brat, I still think the troops pay the biggest price. God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment