Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hairy legs.


The picture tonight is a couple of deer we saw at the end of one of our hikes in Branson with Steve and Mary. There were actually six deer, but 4 ran away, leaving these two to do a stare down with us. It was a fun memory. I thought of it yesterday when we were going to Altus with David and Dorothy and a doe was in the road. Deer are so fun to watch, but they can sure be deadly if they get in the way of your vehicle.

Today was another warm day for us, so we enjoyed it a lot. A cold front is coming tomorrow, I think, so we still aren’t into spring, full blast. This is the weirdest spring I ever remember. We have had enough rain and enough sun that everything is green and beautiful. We can almost watch the grass grow and the weeds are really happy about life! They keep me challenged!

In case you’re wondering, all my hair came back everywhere on my body. I was hoping my legs would cut me some slack, but it didn’t happen. I shave them every time I get wet. There is no hair under my right arm, where I had radiation, so I only have to shave under the other one. I’m glad to have the range of motion to be able to shave my legs. I never realized how much flexibility is required to shave my legs or scratch my back. I’m grateful to be able to do both. Speaking of getting wet: if you read this blog every day, the deal about washing without soap is another challenge for me. I shaved my legs tonight using lotion instead of soap. The habitual part of me keeps leaning toward the soap, but I’m hanging tough. I’m washing my face; I’ll just have to give up the vitamin D that went on my face. This mascara has got to go. I’m sure there is makeup remover I could probably use, and I’ve probably got some. Even mineral oil would work. I just want to wash my face, at least tonight. Maybe I’ll hunt the mineral oil for tomorrow night.

I’m saddened every day as others who went through cancer and treatment at the same time I did lose their battle. God’s timing is perfect and I don’t have to understand everything. I am grateful that I am alive and well. I know that I am so blessed and I don’t take it lightly. I’m sure that God has work for me and I am eager to serve.

2 comments:

  1. The very best eye makeup remover is simply Vaseline (get the Baby vaseline it smells like baby powder). They have it at Walmart (don't get Equate brand...it just does not cut it) dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I'll go for it. I know we're not supposed to use soap on our faces, too. I just love to be clean, but maybe I can get over it. I'm learning a lot! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete