Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thankful to be sewing.


Don took this picture tonight as I was working on some alterations for Dorothy and watching the finals of Dancing with the Stars. I worked all evening on altering some pants and a top for Dorothy. Bless her heart; she’s short, like me, so everything is too long for her. Then she had this one top I altered and I did the whole thing wrong side out, so I got to take it out and do it all over! It was okay, I was sitting in front of the TV, so I was glad to have it to do. I’m never any good at sitting and watching, so it helps me to have some hand work.


Today was another awesome day! I got sun and then walked the park by myself, again, as Don mowed our neighbor’s yard today. They are moving Saturday, so he figured it was a way he could help. I rounded up some things of mine that need to be altered, too. So, I have tomorrow’s work all planned. Tomorrow is a big day. A lady from church is retiring after teaching Spanish at the high school for the last 30 or so years, so there is a reception for her tomorrow. Before church we sing at the nursing home. Then at church we have a devotional and then we’ll have a fish fry honoring our preacher and his family who are moving Saturday. They are only moving to Altus, about 30 miles from here, but we are sure going to miss them. He will be preaching on a part time basis, but he is going into the insurance business.


Today I made slaw and beans to take to the fish fry. One of our members is furnishing all the fish (he and his wife caught it) and is cooking it. The rest of us will bring side dishes. We have so enjoyed having Bill and Olya work with us at the church and we will sure miss them. We thank God for the five years we’ve had them with us.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! I so wanted the beautiful Frenchman to win 'Dancing.' Shawn Johnson was cute and did a great job but I think Gille was the best. What think ye?
    I read Don's brother's obituary. Wow, what accomplishments! I am so sorry, Alzheimer's is a terrible disease.
    Love to you both, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I didn't see 'Dancing' last night (Richard taped for me), I agree with Linda. I really though he would win but I still can't wait to see the tape.
    Also, so sorry about Don's brother but with Alzheimer's you really lose them before they pass away and that is so sad but I'm so glad he and Don were close for so many years.
    You look so, so good and such a nice tan! Keep up the good work.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I really thought Gille would win. I would have been happy if any of the three finalists had won. I thought they were all so very good. I think Shaun turned a corner the last week, though. I think she got into dancing as opposed to performing or something. I'm really happy for her that she won and I think she deserved it. However, if the gorgeous Frenchman had won I would have been so happy for him, too. I'm really happy for me that he danced because he was a wonderful guy to get to know a bit. I sure hope this served to get him lots of jobs so we'll see lots more of him. I think Melissa did a great job, too. Probably the best thing that ever happened for her was for the bachelor to break up with her. Life is amazing, isn't it?

    See you real soon!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, it's so good to hear from you! Thanks for admiring my tan; it sure makes me look better in my book. Vitamin D works well with calcium, so it's important for me to get as much sun as possible because the arimidex I have to take for 5 years is really hard on bones. I like the tan, too, and I love being in the sun, so it works good for me.

    I really thought anyone could win last night. I thought Shaun really turned into a dancing machine at the last, so I wasn't as shocked as she and Mark were when they won. I thought Gille was the nicest guy, though and a wonderful dancer. It was really a great season to watch.

    I have an email to send to you from Ian. It just came today and I haven't had time to be on the computer until now. I'll go forward it.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete