Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Logan!

Today Logan Edmonds made his entry to this world! Congratulations Brett and Heather! Logan was born shortly before 11 this morning, so Doris and Jerry waited for his healthy arrival before they left to join us in Lawrence.

We are all over at Mary Beth and David's house enjoying family time. I just counted off 16 people who are here, but there might be 20 or more. Doris and Jerry will be here soon; Celia and Junior are on their way, and Mary Beth's oldest daughter is on her way with her boyfriend, too. It's really a good gathering; it's so good to see everyone. Our son, Jeff, is here from Vegas; that was a wonderful surprise for us, as we didn't know he was coming.

Everyone is outside around a fire; I came in because the mosquitoes were getting me. Lymphedema and mosquito bites are not a good mix, so it's best for me to come inside. It's a good time to get the blog done. I won't have a picture tonight; maybe I'll get our computer out and put one on later; right now, I'm using Mary Beth's computer.

I thank God for everyone's safe traveling, even Ed, Donna and Emily all the way from Nigeria! What a blessing for all of us to be able to get together in Gene's memory and enjoy this time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment