Thursday, May 7, 2009

The yarrow patch.


The picture tonight is one Don took yesterday of me standing beside my yarrow patch. This is a favorite flower because it comes back every year without even any coaching. All I have to do is cut it away in the fall and here it comes back in the spring. The flowers look great with an arrangement of irises; really brightens them. Notice my bridge behind the tree; that’s a Valentine present. It wasn’t Valentine’s Day, but I wanted it and Don bought it, so that’s a real Valentine’s present in my book.


Tomorrow we have people coming to play cards and it was time to clean house. I decided to do it in two days instead of knocking myself out in one day. So, I did it all today except vacuum and clean the bathrooms; I’ll do those tomorrow and I won’t be too tired. I don’t feel too bushed tonight, either. It’s a better plan than doing it all in one day. I just thank God that I CAN do it. This assures me that I can do the house-sitting in Hawaii, too. There’s a lot of work to that, and I want to be sure I can do my part. The last time we did it, Don did most of the work and I want to carry my weight better this time. We have good friends joining us who will also help with the work, so I feel really good about it.

It was wonderfully warm again today. We walked before the clouds disappeared, so it wasn’t too hot to walk. Then the sun came out and we were able to get some sun. We are big believers in Vitamin D, but we also need to get plenty of sun so that we don’t burn when we go to Hawaii. There will be plenty of work to do there, but there will also be plenty of beach time. Sunburn is a real bummer, so we don’t want to be set up for that.

How blessed are we to be getting in shape for 2 months in Hawaii?!! I thank God for our opportunities, but mostly for our health, our family and our friends. Wow. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment