Thursday, May 14, 2009

SO much better!

Maybe I should be too proud to ever show this picture, but it’s how they know me at MD Anderson. No wonder they think I look so good when I’m there! This is a picture they snapped right in the middle of my chemo treatments. I was there for a checkup and a treatment and they snapped this picture to put on my wristband every time I check in with them. It’s the picture that’s on my medical records. The first of this month they made medical records available to patients and I captured this photo.

I’m watching Grey’s Anatomy and the girl with cancer in the middle of chemo doesn’t look this bad. The woman on Desperate Housewives didn’t look this bad when she was in the middle of chemo, either. This is how bad folks really look. I really didn’t feel as bad as I looked, but if you ever have or know someone else who is going through chemo, don’t expect them to look good! Keep smiling and joking with and loving them, as you did me. They just need to get through it, then they’ll look better. Or maybe they’ll never be better, but I don’t think they need to be concerned with how they look when they’re going through chemo. That’s my 2 cents worth on it. I thank God for your support. I thank God for Don, who never made me feel like I looked terrible, but he always saw me at my worst. He was always my hero and he made me feel like his princess. He still does. I am so blessed. Thank you, God.

A couple from church are moving into a house 2 doors from us! We walked by their old house today and stopped to see if we could help. The guy who was supposed to bring guys to help move them didn’t show today; they went to find him and he was at home, drunk, with no plans to move them and no help ready. They had the truck, and had calls in for more movers. We helped them load the truck until the ‘new’ movers got there. Then we unloaded the truck, so that when the new guys got there the truck was ready to be loaded. We came on home for lunch and then Don went back and helped them move the big stuff. I took over some lemonade and cookies and helped them do things like put drawers in chests, put bed frames together, etc. It was really fun! We are so glad to have them as neighbors, too! Can you believe I could actually help someone MOVE? I really do feel good and I am so blessed! Thank you, God! Thank you for caring!



Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment