Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Magnolia tree isn't blooming, yet.


Here is the picture of Sadie putting in Tricia’s halo, while Trish put in Raynie’s halo. Grace is there with them so that we could get a shot of all the halos. The halo experience was a fun one. The fun was extended when they got up the next morning and their hair was curly. (Raynie didn’t leave hers in long enough for her hair to curl; she didn’t even leave it in long enough for anyone to get a picture!


Today has been busy, but fun. We started off with breakfast at the Kozy Diner with David and Dorothy and Joan. Then Don and I came home and walked. It was only in the mid 80’s today, but it was uncommonly humid for us and there was hardly even a breeze. That’s uncommon for southwestern Oklahoma, too. We were reminded to appreciate our usually wind! We came home and my wonderful husband vacuumed all the carpeting, while I swept and mopped all the hard floors. It was such a big help for him to do the carpets! He has always offered to do that for me, but I wanted to see if I could do it. Now that I know I CAN do it, I’m so willing to let him do it. HA! No kidding; it takes a big load off if he’ll do that, but it’s also empowering to me to know that I CAN do it. Anyway, I’m learning to get the cleaning done in a few days rather than doing it all in one day. It helps a lot to keep it pretty well picked up all the time, but there comes a time when dust has to be removed. I thank God for a husband who is so willing to help. It sure feels good to get a good cleaning behind us.


I didn’t miss a magnolia bloom yesterday! The tree is so loaded with blooms; I may miss it when it blooms if it blooms this weekend while we’re gone to Kansas. If I miss it, Hazel will enjoy it. She remarked today how loaded it is with blooms. There’s no way I’ll be able to bring all of them inside, so she’s going to get to enjoy some this year. This will certainly be this tree’s best year. I’ll have to get a picture of it in full bloom if I don’t miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment