Friday, May 8, 2009

The guys keep winning.



The picture tonight is just a close up with my hair pulled out of my face and off my neck. I thank God that it’s long enough to do that! I may keep it awhile.


We played cards and the men beat us. How rude, but they do it a lot. You’d think they’d think of things like that we cook for them and that it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday. No such luck; they just whip us every chance they get. We’re playing tomorrow night out at Jo Ann and Frank’s house, so maybe we can catch up to their winning streak.


It was another warm day here, but a cool front is coming tonight and it’ll be chilly and windy tomorrow. I used to never even think about the weather. I just stuck my hand out to see if it was cold or wet or dry. I used to think it was so funny when Don’s mother would call us in Tennessee and ask if we’d gotten rain. We always had rain in Tennessee; that’s why I always carried an umbrella! But, we moved here and I learned that everything hinges on the rain because of the farming. If the farmers are hurting everyone is hurting. If they don’t get rain the crops don’t make and the cattle don’t eat. It’s a big deal. I used to think farming was someone who had a barn, a few crops a couple of cows and a few pigs and chickens. Not here. Farming is hundreds of acres of wheat and several hundred head of cattle. Besides all that if it’s too hot or too cold or too rainy I have to walk on the tread mill! I don’t farm, but I’ve learned to be sympathetic.


So there you have my two cents on weather in Oklahoma. I’ve learned to love it, even if I gripe sometimes. I thank God for a good place to call home. I especially thank Him that we have never blown away in a tornado. Mostly the tornadoes keep us on our toes and then go around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment