Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sewing, sewing, sewing.


This is another picture I took of Gracie modeling her new swimsuit. She loved that suit. Her hair is curly from sleeping in the halo, too.


We had a cool front come through last night, so it was really a nice day today. We’ve been so blessed with a really cool spring, but we had a couple of hot days early in the week and today has been a nice break. My magnolia blooms started to open. I cut all three that opened today, and brought them inside. I should have taken pictures while they were wide open, but they have closed for the night. I never realized magnolia blooms do that, but every one that I’ve brought in this year has done it. I’ve always brought them inside, but I just never noticed them closing in the evening. They don’t close every night, just the first night that I bring them inside. That’s interesting to me.


I spent most of today making alterations and it feels good to get it done. I so thank God that I am able to see and to use my hands. It was really frustrating when I had the peripheral neuropathy to be unable to do intricate kinds of things. Handling a sewing needle was pretty much out of the question, not to mention threading it! I could sew on a button, but that was about it. I’m using some drops for my cataracts, and I’m sure my eyes are not getting worse. That’s a relief. I can manage if they don’t worse. I thank God for options!

No comments:

Post a Comment