Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Looking back a year.

This picture was taken on May 3, 2008. We were at Don’s 50th high school reunion (That’s a pendant around his neck that they gave to all the alumni.). I probably put this on the blog a year or so ago, but I couldn’t resist putting it on tonight. I look back and see that I’ve grown a lot of hair in the last year! When this picture was made I thought it was coming back straight. I didn’t care how it came back, I was just so happy to have enough to keep me warm and out of 3-5 hats! By this time next year I’ll have a nice ponytail. Woo-hoo!

Today went better than yesterday, probably because Don let me sleep until 7:45 this morning. I’m going to bed right after Dancing with the Stars tonight, so I should get a good night’s sleep and be able to get up early. I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast, so that started his day off right. (Linda, he held it to two biscuits; I ate my regular chia toast.) He went to the grocery store for me yesterday to get a couple of things and he brought home the biscuits; I read that hint loud and clear. Ha!

It is uncommonly chilly here, so it’s really different. Even my irises are pouting about the weather. They are beautiful, but not as abundant as they usually are. I have one yellow one that is deformed, even. Others that usually bloom in abundance are barely blooming. People who came to the garage sale Saturday remarked about how pretty they are, but they don’t know this is a down year for them. I’m still enjoying them and thank God every day for such a blessing. We are still using heat and usually at this time of year I’m begging for AC and Don is holding out until June. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment