Monday, May 11, 2009

Sold the table!




Those of you with dial up, please pardon me adding an extra picture. I asked Don to take a picture of me with my little miniature rose and the rose is so tiny it barely shows, so I took another of only it. I think it’s so beautiful with those drops of water! It made my day to get this picture. The rose is one great thing, but then to get the picture that I can keep is special.

This morning I called the radio station to put a dining table and chairs on the want ads that run every morning at 7:50 a.m. I had this dining room table and chairs in the garage sale, but it didn’t sell. We’ve had it for years, but it’s been in the attic for the last 10 years. We went to the trouble to bring it downstairs, so I really wanted it to find a new home. I no more than hung up than the want ads came on the radio and as soon as he read off our phone number the phone rang with a lady who said she wanted to buy it, sight unseen! Around noon she came over and got it! I was so happy to make that sale so easily!

Then we worked in the garage all afternoon. I packed all the things that were left from the sale to donate to the Relay for Life. Then while we had the garage all cleaned out, we got out the ladder, my power drill and some 4 inch nails. I found studs and drove a big nail into each stud all across the garage so we could hang things on the wall to get them off the floor. That was HARD work. Don held me on the ladder, but I still had to do a balancing act. I think I used muscles I forgot I had, but we got it done, and the garage looks neater than it has in a long time! It’ll really look good when we get the rest of the things to the Relay for Life sale.

Then I found the rose. I think it’s a reminder from God. Did you know that a single rose stands for true love? This rose came from a bush that I got at Kroger’s last year when we were in Houston for surgery and radiation. I’m so pleased that it survived the trip to here and the winter. What a gift. I love it. I take it as a reminder of all I’ve been through and all I’ve been given. I am so grateful; than you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment