Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sorry last night's post is so late!


I had a post written and a picture with my eyes open to post tonight. When I went to post it, I saw that last night’s post wasn’t there! I knew I wrote one! It was still in the draft form; I had failed to push the “POST” button. UGH! I hope nobody worried! So, I decided to post this picture with my eyes closed; it must be more how it really is here; me not paying very close attention to details! Last night’s post was lengthy, so I’ll keep this one short. Thanks so much for your patience and love.

Today I am reminded to be thankful for time to rest. I am also so thankful that rest DOES repair my aching back. My dad had a favorite phrase, “Oh, my aching back.” He’d say that when my brother fell into the lake for the second time, showing us how he did it the first time. Times like that were perfect for Daddy’s phrase. Mom’s back really DID hurt her. I think of both of them as my back hurts so much. Now, don’t anyone worry; this has nothing to do with cancer. I’ve had a bad back for years. It only needs rest and the jiggler from time to time. My back aching is a precious reminder to me of both of them. My sister has a bad back, too, so when mine hurts so badly I imagine we are supporting each other with our aching backs. I thank God for precious memories to recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment