Saturday, June 13, 2009

Adjusting to different time zone.


Tonight’s picture is one of my brother, Jim, in the wheel chair and my sister, Ruthie, behind him. That’s his son, John in front of him. John has been responsible for Jim’s care for the last several years, and what a wonderful job he did. John was good to bring Jim to our family reunions every year.

It’s been a gorgeous day in Hawi, which is the town where we are in Hawaii. I’m still waiting on my bag. They called this morning and said both bags are here and they wanted to deliver them. GREAT! Then, the guy got here and he only had Don’s bag. No lie. I’ve been on the phone with them all day, numerous times and they have my bag, but who knows when they are bringing it. It’s okay. I’m in Hawi; I have my cut offs and a couple of tank tops and flip flops. I’m good for another day or so. I’ll admit that my patience is wearing thin, because I can’t imagine an excuse for this. Maybe the folks in charge have chemo brain? If that’s the case, I understand and I’m so happy for them that they are able to work. (I wish they could do a better job, but I’m happy for them. Maybe they don’t have chemo brain, but they just aren’t bright. In that case, I’m really glad for them that they have jobs. I need to be patient. I’m sure life is tough for them and they may have bad stuff like cancer happening in their lives or even worse! I’m learning how much my brush and comb mean to me. It’s interesting how God has ways of teaching us things. I’m determined to learn from this so that I don’t have to go through it again!

It’s wonderful being here with Bob and Mimi. We’ve really had a great time today. I’m so glad we got to come early so we could spend some time with them. Thank you, God!

Tomorrow I’ll do the blog earlier. It’s about 9:45 p.m. here, but I realize you all are in bed and won’t see this until tomorrow. I’ll adjust to the time change and do it earlier tomorrow; thanks for hanging tough with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment