Friday, June 12, 2009

Arrived safely in Hawaii!




Well, it’s been a good day, but a picture is worth 1,000 words, right? Don took this of me as we were having a bite of breakfast (shared a banana) before we left Oklahoma City this morning. I hadn’t even had time to get tired, yet. Yesterday had many blessings because we got to see Trish and Rob and their family. We had breakfast in Hobart with Jo Ann and Frank, who were just home from their trip to Germany; and David and Dorothy, who are healthy; and Leroy and Deanna, who are our new neighbors from church. We got the shocking news of my brother’s death, but because of that I experienced lots of precious conversations with family members and the celebration of his life has begun. I refuse to accept his death as a bad thing, as it ended his suffering and began his reward. I have to admit that I’m stunned, still and I keep thinking, “How can this be?” I included another picture of Jim with my brother-in-law, Phil; two really special guys in my life and I thank God for both of them.

I was up until about midnight last night on the phone and computer. Then we got up at 4:15 to get ready to leave. I couldn’t find my make up ANYWHERE. All the suitcases were on the floor and I had to bend over to pilfer through them. That was killing my back, so I gave up and figured I forgot to pack my makeup. We got to Kona and our luggage didn’t make it; it was sent to Honolulu. They’ve called and it’s here on the island, now and they’ll deliver it in the morning. But, I found my makeup in Don’s carryon bag; sure, that makes sense! God had me stuff it in there so I wouldn’t find it because He knew I needed to rub my eyes all day. That’s not a smashed lip, you see. It’s a blister that’s healing from Saturday’s day at the ballpark. I know to wear sunscreen on my lips, or they’ll blister, but I forgot that, too!

I slept a lot on the plane today, so I really think I’m getting enough rest. I forget all this stuff because of the chemo brain. We didn’t have any catastrophic things happen today. Gretta called and a car had run into her car today, but she wasn’t hurt. I’ve got to get more details; she called when we’d just arrived here and I was rather rattled and don’t remember exactly what she told me. All I know is that she’s okay, so I consider that another good thing.

It’s wonderful to be here. Thank you, God. There’s no telling when the blog will say I posted this; it’s 4:10 a.m. at home, but it’s 11:10 p.m., so this is not all that unreasonable. Smile, and thank you for your love and support.


No comments:

Post a Comment