Monday, June 22, 2009

My turn to swing!


My turn on the swing! Steve had just talked me into getting on the swing and then he gave me a push while Mary took pictures. Don had gone on another direction and we brought him back to swing; I posted the picture of him swinging the other day. Tom and Linda, you may have to do this!


We are taking another day off. Steve and Mary have gone to do a ‘bird tour’ where they will see lots of island birds. It’s an all day adventure that they’ve really been excited to do. We enjoy birds, but they are really serious bird watchers. They have inside birds at home and they are real students of birds. We didn’t want to go to the expense of the adventure, as there are other things that we want to do more while we’re here. While they’re gone it gives us a chance to get some yard work done and some errands run, like an oil change, etc. It’s been raining off and on all day, so I’m glad we got a lot of our work done yesterday and we can rest today.

It’s so interesting how it rains here. It is really like someone turns on a shower. The sun is shining and here comes a sheet of rain. Then it’s gone. That happens several times during the day. No doubt the plants love it because they thrive so well. I remember now, why I always wanted to cut my hair when I came here; between the wind and the rain, there was no prayer for a style and the best thing to do was cut it. Thankfully, it’s long enough that I can wear it up and the wind and rain don’t bother it that much. It’s surviving and I haven’t been tempted to cut it.


My knees are really mad about all the hiking we’ve been doing, and my back is complaining, but I jiggled twice yesterday to help my back and I’m wearing my knee bands. It works. Some guy even told me this morning that he liked my knee ‘straps.’ It’s so funny how people notice them and even make remarks. The funniest is when they don’t say anything but you can see by their expression that they’re stumped by them. I thank God that I managed to bring the jiggler and that the bands really do give me support for my knees. It makes the trip so much easier to handle when I can manage the pain. My arm is doing very well, so I have no complaints with it. I sure thank God that I don’t have to wear the sleeve all the time; that would be such a nuisance!

No comments:

Post a Comment