Thursday, June 18, 2009

Late may be how it is while we're here.


I’m late, again. I think I still need to do the blog at the end of the day, because we get up and get busy around here and I’m not always available to do the blog during the day. Plus, if I do it early then I don’t get to tell and show you what we’ve done.

Today’s picture is us at a nearby beach. We went to hike down into Pololu Valley, which is 9 miles from here, but it started raining just as we got to the top of the trail to hike into the valley. So, we came back to this park and climbed around on the rocks. Steve got some great pictures of a Hawaiian Cardinal family that I may be able to share with you some day. I couldn’t believe he found them in this huge tree, but he spotted them. After this adventure we hiked out to the light house, which is a great hike. I got pictures of Steve on the very edge of the cliff taking pictures of crabs on the rocks way below. I’ll post that picture another day.

We came home and found that it had rained here, so we didn’t have to water outside today. Don had already picked up leaves and swept off spider webs this morning, so our chores were done. We relaxed this morning and had biscuits and eggs for breakfast on the lanai (porch). It was sure a good day. We’ll hike Pololu another day; maybe tomorrow. We’ve got to work on scheduling before we go to bed.

I thank God for making this trip possible for all of us; for health and safe travel for all of us and for Bob and Mimi. We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment