Sunday, June 28, 2009

A monk seal!


The picture today is a monk seal! Can you believe it? I don’t know how many times we’ve been on this hike and never saw him, but we’re going to be really watching for him after this sighting!


Today was the rest of a wonderful visit with our friend, Harry. He and Don really had a good time recalling great times from way back to high school, even. It was fun to be a part of their fun. We went on our favorite hike and he enjoyed it as much as we do. That’s where we saw the monk seal, which we had never seen in Hawaii, so that was a new treat.


Harry left this afternoon and we’re getting some of our jobs done. Don is out on the spider attack (Spiders really put webs everywhere if we don’t stay after them and Don does a great job with them.). I’ve watered the garden and I’m headed out to pick up leaves and blooms off the grass.
I’ve called home and touched base the best I could. It’s really a challenge to find a time that I can get service and it not be the middle of the night at home. I stay confused about what time it is here and there. I know that we are 5 hours behind home, but that becomes a math problem and I go chemo brain figuring out anything like that.


I sure thank God for wonderful friends and wonderful memories, old and new. What a delight to be here and have this experience, for which we also give thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo this was a great one to zoom in on MaryJo..thanks for capturing that one for us. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dana! I hope this means you are all better and over the food poisoning! So glad you like the pictures. Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete