Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Aloha to my blooms!


This picture is one Don took of me admiring the last of the blooms on the magnolia. We should have taken pictures when it was in full bloom, but we didn’t think to do it. There are still blooms that will last a while, but we’ve enjoyed what we got to see and smell. I’m glad I got to see the irises and the rebloomers will treat me, again, this fall. I thank God for Joan, who will take care of the flowers while we’re gone so that we’re not covered with weeds when we get home. She’ll also keep an eye on the house to make sure we don’t have water leaks, etc. She’s such a good friend. She’ll also be monitoring the mail for us while we’re gone.

We’re just about ready. We’ve got all the last minute things to do in the morning. Everything else is ready. We’ll go to Oklahoma City tomorrow and spend the night. We’re staying at a hotel near the airport because we have to be there at 5:30 a.m. Trish will drop us off at the hotel tomorrow night and then take our car home with her for safe keeping, while we’re gone. Then Airport Express will take us to the airport on Thursday morning. It’s such a trick to get all the pills ready, etc. I find all this really confusing. I only take ONE pill, but then there are all the herbs and vitamins, eye drops, etc. Ha! I think we’ve got it all set, though. I’m going to wash my hair and finish up a few last details before I go to bed tonight. Woo-hoo!

Thanks for keeping up with us. I’ll do my best to keep the posts coming, but realize there is a time change. I think when it’s noon here, it’s 8 a.m. there. So, I’ll get there Thursday and I don’t know what time it’ll be here by the time I get the Thursday post done. Don’t worry; remember that no news is good news, and I’ll check in with you as soon as possible.

Updates: My brother, Jim, is doing fine, recovering from his collapsed lung. Don is recovering fine from his fall; he mowed the grass today, even.

No comments:

Post a Comment