Thursday, June 4, 2009

The tooth saga.


Here is a shot at the back of my hair that Don took last night. I nearly always pin the bottom half of it under, but I left it last night, so I thought it was a good time to take a picture. When Don’s sister got to Lawrence, she wanted to see the back of my hair because she said, “We always see it from the front on the blog and I wondered what it looks like in the back.” Soon I’ll ask him to take one of the back with it pinned under like I usually wear it, but this one shows what a year of no haircuts can do for a head of hair. The last time it was cut was when Gretta cut it for me in Pigeon Forge last June around the middle of the month. I didn’t roll it last night; I hardly ever do anymore. Those curls seem to be here for the duration?


The night before last Don broke off a piece of one of his teeth. The dentist couldn’t see him yesterday, but he had a cancellation today, so he is now sporting a temporary crown. He’ll have the real crown put on when we get home from Hawaii. I guess it’s good that it happened here. It cost more to have his tooth fixed than his ticket to Hawaii cost! It’s amazing how when we need work done on a tooth, we just do it. When we have an opportunity to spend that kind of money for most anything else we really have to think about it. It’s a wonder we have any left to go to Hawaii after all we’ve spent on surviving breast cancer. We figure it’s all worth it and we’re glad to spend the money while it will buy something.


Anyway, today we’ve skipped lunch and he’s ready for dinner to be ready right quick. I’ll go get with the program, as my daddy would say, or ‘get this show on the road.’ It’s fun to have sweet memories.

5 comments:

  1. I like your hair!!!

    Brian recently had a temporary crown put on and it fell off within a couple of days! He put his back on with toothpaste until he could get back to the dentist. Just thought you might want to ask the dentist what to do in that case since he will be wearing a temp for a LONG time!

    Have fun and be careful!!!
    g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried about that crown also and agree you should check with dentist. We've both had them fall off real quick...never would have made it 2 months!! (Maybe your dentist used some REAL super glue!!)

    ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady that hair looks great! So curly and pretty. Mine is curly after chemo too. It's been two years since chemo for me and I can't bear to cut mine yet. It was hard work getting hair back again! You look great and enjoy your trip to Hawaii! You deserve every minute of it!
    Love,
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina and Ruthie,

    Thanks for your concern about Don's crown. There is some dental bonding cement that we can get to have and use if he needs it before we get home. I hope we can find it tomorrow.

    Gina, thanks for encouraging me about my hair. It's kind of fun, now that I can mostly keep it up.

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, it's so good to hear from you! I checked out your page on Breast Cancer Stories and I love the latest picture of you. Your hair is really LONG! Your eyes are so beautiful, too! We are blessed to be here, aren't we! I give thanks and know that you do, too.

    Love you,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete