Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers' Day!


This picture is one I took of Don going back up out of Pololu Valley Friday. It’s a long way back, but it’s a doable thing. Notice that path; the locals RUN up and down that path, BAREFOOTED! They amaze us. We huff and puff our way WITH sticks AND shoes! I think Don is doing great. He and my brother-in-law, Phil, and my brother, Jim were the same age. They were all born in 1940, and Don was born in Jan, Phil in July, and Jim in August. Don was the oldest of the three. I see him climbing all these mountains and mowing here, etc. I think he does great for 69, and I sure thank God for him and his health. 1940 must have been a good year; it produced some fine men in my book.

Today we are taking it easy by not going anywhere. Steve and Mary took off to go to the Hilo side of the Island. They have a helicopter ride and they’ll do some other adventures while they are there. We took the opportunity to soak up the Father’s Day wishes and do some relaxing around here. So, Don is out killing spiders and sweeping down their webs. I’ve done 3 loads of laundry and I’m headed out to pick up leaves. This is a beautiful place, but only if you keep it that way! We love it, though. The weather is perfect for us, and we’re so grateful for the opportunity to do this. We thank Bob for trusting us with his haven and we thank God for the health and freedom to do it.


Happy Fathers’ Day, everyone! We thank our heavenly Father for always being there for us; what an awesome concept!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day a day late.... sounds like y'all are having a GREAT time! Wish we could come visit you!
    Love you!
    g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We DID see this. We were just so busy celebrating, I missed answering it. We had a great Fathers' Day. Hope you did, too! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete