Monday, June 29, 2009

Air drying.


This picture was taken last week when we went on a hike with Steve and Mary to see a great display of petroglyphs. We went through this forest, which had obviously had a fire. I remember thinking how much it was like the storybook trail and I sure hoped that the fire hadn’t gone there. Sure enough we got to the storybook trail and it was even worse; it was GONE. If I touched anything on this hike I got black and I had to really work on getting the stains out of my shorts when we got home, but I did it.


Today has been a glorious day. The weather is perfect. We could even see Maui from the lanai and it’s often covered with clouds. I washed 4 loads of clothes and hung them all out to dry. I’ve kept a watch out to be sure a shower didn’t soak them, but so far I’ve had no problem. For someone who loves to hang out clothes like I do, I should sure have a clothesline pole at home. We don’t have much place for one, but I’m going to give it some real thought when we get home. I really love sheets that have air dried.


We’ve hung around the house, working on the laundry and the yard. Don is out in the pasture pulling weeds, now. Bob doesn’t expect him to do that, but Don thinks he’s helping, so he enjoys it. There are some weeds out there that the cows won’t eat and they just get taller and taller, so Don is at war with them. I’ve watered the garden and flowers good; they are accustomed to some showers, so they hurt on dry days like this. I’ve raked up leaves and raked Hehe, the outside cat. He won’t give you peace if you’re raking until you rake him good.


I’m going to wash my hair and let it air dry today. I don’t like how it looks down and drying, but it feels good after wearing it up all the time. Hair washing and drying day is relaxing. I thank God for this hair. It’s like a symbol of my recovery. It is thick and curly and long enough to capture and keep out of my face and off my neck. I thought I would want to cut it when we got here and I even brought my scissors. I haven’t been tempted once, though, so I guess the hair will survive. Thank you, God for helping me to be patient and for a healthy, hairy body. (My hair came back everywhere; legs, head and face; I’m a really woolly thing, these days. My razor has its work cut out for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment