Monday, June 15, 2009

Fun dinner and new friends.


This picture is one Bob took last night after dinner. Mimi is on the left, then me, then Don, then their guests, Joe and Uki. Joe and Uki have a bed and breakfast in Waimea and Joe also plays the bass with a couple of local bands. We hope to see him in the July 4th parade. Joe and Uki had lots of information to guide Bob and Mimi through their struggle with immigrations to get Mimi legal in this country. Mimi was born in Taiwan, but she has lived in London for the last 20 years. It was a wonderful dinner and visit with this whole group.

Today Bob and Mimi are packing as they leave in the morning. Mimi’s flight goes out at 6:15 and Bob’s goes out at 8:30, but he’s hoping to get an earlier flight so that he can get out around 6:30, I think. We don’t care. It’ll be an early morning, but we’re all planning to go to bed early so we can get a good start on tomorrow. While we have the car down in Kona we’ll pick up groceries. Then our friends, Steve and Mary will come in around 2, I think.

We’re having such a wonderful time. This morning Don and I walked up to a nearby subdivision and then back. It was really a nice walk. I took pictures of a chameleon yesterday and today, but I like the pictures of people best. I’ll post the chameleon when I don’t have people pictures.

Happy Monday! And, thank you, God, for wonderful places and people in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. I am most concerned about what Don is doing with that big giant fork..and what the heck kinda of fork is that? See how I zoom in..lol. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dana! You are too quick! Now, I've let out Don's secret fork! That is so fun! He whips that out when it is totally unexpected and says to Mimi, "Can I have a taste of your pie?" You can imagine the reaction of everyone, especially, Uki, the little Japanese princess. It was hilarious! It reminded me to get the camera! You'll have to be on the lookout for Don and his fork; it is regular size, but the handle extends. He loves to whip it out and surprise folks.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete