Saturday, June 13, 2009

My bag is finally delivered!

Tonight’s picture is one of Jim and Ruthie, my brother and sister. At some point she had gone to visit him and you can see that he’s so pleased. He looks so much like our dad here, and Ruthie looks a lot like our mom; it’s a nice picture to bring back good memories for me and to be reminded how much Ruthie’s visits meant to him and to me. She lives about 4 hours away from where he was, so it wasn’t an easy trip for her as she has her own health issues with MS. She’d come home and always report to me and she’d take pictures that allowed me to share the visit. Sometimes they’d call from right there with him and let me talk to him. I appreciated it so much! Thanks so much, Ruthie and Phil!

The great news here is that my suitcase was finally delivered just about 15 minutes ago. You know there was nothing fine in there, but it was my clothes and toiletries. It feels like it’s the rest of me. Now I can go ahead and get sweaty because I have something else to wear. I can brush my hair. Whew! It feels good. Thank you, God.

We got a call from Don’s college buddy, Harry Widdifield, who also lives here on the Big Island and made some plans to spend a day with him this month. Don gives Harry credit for his passing some EE classes. Their time together is fun to witness and enjoy, so we look forward to seeing him. I had managed to lose his email address; it was on my laptop and the laptop is in a coma. It comes on, but I can’t retrieve any information from it. I got this one just in the nick of time, I think. So, if you haven’t had an email from me and you think you should have, send me an email, so I’ll be sure to have your email address.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment