Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Wedding, John and Holly!


Oh, my; it’s late, but I’m here for a little bit, so here is today’s post. The picture is of me giving Don a push on a big swing we found down in Pololu Valley. Our schedule got all changed around today because the helicopter place called and had to postpone Steve and Mary’s trip because the helicopter needed a couple of days of maintenance. (YIKES!) So, we put off picking up their car until tomorrow and we did things close around here. Linda and Tom, “Don’s Tours” is flexible!

Boy, did we EVER do things around here! We ate at a local breakfast for breakfast and it was delicious. Then we hiked all the way down into Pololu Valley and all around down there. We all loved that. I got lots of great pictures that I’ll post over the next few weeks. We hiked back out of Pololu and were starving and thirsty. We’d brought water, but drank most of it, so we stopped and got drinks in the closest town and had our picnic lunch at the park. Then we went on our favorite hike. Oh, man. We sure love THAT hike. It’s so funny: Mary asked me if we ever have seen anyone back there and my answer was, “Nope.” About 10 minutes after that an SUV drove up! They circled around and drove back, so we saw them twice. Between seeing them, Gretta called and we don’t even get cell phone calls at the house most of the time! Then on our way out we saw two groups of kids of four wheelers. I guess our favorite spot has been discovered.


Gretta called to tell me that she’d been to her cousin’s wedding and it was the most beautiful wedding she’s ever seen. How wonderful for him to be able to move on with his life after losing his daddy just 9 days ago. It’s what his daddy would have wanted. I’m so glad that Gretta was able to make the effort and go. Tomorrow she will go to our family reunion and represent our family. I’m so pleased that she wants to go and that she can do it. I thank God for a precious family and for our ability to get together. We nearly always go, but it’s too far to go from Hawaii!


Everyone else is cleaning up and it’s my turn. We’re going to the local nice restaurant, The Bamboo, tonight. We really like the guy who is playing at the restaurant tonight, and it’ll be great to have a meal. We had peanut butter sandwiches on our picnic which seems about two days ago. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Jo, you are so funny!!!! I laughed out loud at your "Don's Tours" comment and I have to wait to go on the tours! Looking forward to it all!! Love you two, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Linda, Don wanted me to put that in there so you'd know he's flexible. Hopefully, you will get to relax and enjoy this visit. Since you've seen everything, you can pick what you want to see again and what you want to see 'harder' etc. Mary remarked the other day as we ate on the lanai, "We've never been here at this time of day!" You were here during the day, but they had no daylight hours before because we ran them ragged. You'll enjoy this trip even more, I think because we can relax more.

    Have a safe trip to see Bill! We look forward to July 1!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete