Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pay no attention to the dates.


This is Don and I at Akaka Falls today. We also did Kahuna Falls, but that’s another picture for another day. We did a trip of the Hamakua Coast today. It was wonderful! This wasn’t the best of the trip, but it was Don and I together and together is the best part of everything.


We went to gather sea gems for Robert, but there were NONE! It was high tide and we couldn’t get into enough of the beach to find anything. However, we did find 4 blow holes that we’d never seen before. We’re going to the volcano tomorrow, and we’ll go early enough to go back in search of sea gems when the tide is low. We’re going to be way disappointed if we don’t find any sea gems. Actually, it’s sea glass, but Rob likes it when we call it sea gems. I do my best to keep Rob happy. They only thing he wanted from Hawaii was sea gems, so we’re going to keep hunting them. I’ll post pictures when we find some.


We also hiked in Kalopa State Recreation Area this morning and it was great. It was full of great huge trees and ferns. Mosquitoes were all over me everywhere today, but the Colloidal Silver Water takes away the itching. Woo-hoo and thank you, God!


We also stopped at Waipio Valley lookout this morning. It was raining when we got there, so we didn’t attempt to walk down. It would have been way too slippery, not to mention that it is so steep. Within 5 minutes it had quit raining, and we never got rained on again! We’d already accepted the concept of not going down into the valley, and it’s a good thing because we got home at 9 as it was.


It was a very full day, but so much fun! I took pictures until my camera card was full, so I have lots to share on slow days. Steve and Mary are getting way awesome pictures that they’ll share with me and I’ll share with you, too. What a rich experience this is. Thank you, God!

2 comments:

  1. Great picture of you two...my favorite part was "my card is full"....ha..can't wait. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you that Mary gave me a new card that holds way more than the one I had? She fixed me!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete