Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another day beaching.


Today we went beaching, again. We spent a big hunk of our time at A-bay, which is the beach at the Marriott's resort. They have a great, long white beach, which we walked, but we tend to gravitate to the rough parts. I love it if I find a swing or piece of driftwood for climbing or sitting. This picture is me on such a piece of wood. I move along pretty good, but if I can find a place to sit I'm sure happy to sit a spell.

I, like a dummy didn't even think to get a picture of the great, white beach. It was all full of people and it just didn't look so great to me. However, we must have seen 30 turtles as we walked and I got pictures of all of them. None of them look so great because they were in the water up close enough to see, so there is sand all around them. It was so fun to see them, but the pictures just don't do them justice. We did come up on one who was coming out of the water to rest. He was huge, and beautiful. I got a bunch of pictures of him, plus Don took one of him and me, standing right above him on some lava. I'll post that one tomorrow.

We climbed over a pretty treacherous lava trail to see some fresh water ponds out by some mansion someone built out on the beach. I'll post some of those pictures someday, too. It's just amazing how much money some folks must have, to build these mansions. The mansions are one thing, but the land is so expensive. I just don't know how people do it. Don says they have to be dirty, filthy rich. Ha! If you are dirty, filthy rich, congratulations. Call us to come house sit for you; we're great with cats and these perfectly well behaved little chihuahuas!

I think we are rich to be able to get to come and see these places and to have the health to be able to climb around on the lava and hike in the sand. It was TOUGH, but I'm so glad we did it. We are finding more places to take Tom and Linda and Steve and Mary! We don't have gobs of money, but we have health and love of family and friends, so that's plenty rich for me. Thank you, God!

After we came home, a neighbor stopped by to visit. I had been expecting her, because Karen said she would come. She came in and said, "I've been trying to call, but I always get a busy signal." Dial up! So, she got in her car and came to visit, anyway. I was so glad that she did. She is a breast cancer survivor and she is 60, so we have a whole lot in common. It was really fun to visit with her. She lives right behind us here, but you have to drive to get there because there is so much growth between us. We could yell at each other and hear, though. Anyway, it was sure fun to visit with her. I give thanks for a new friend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo and Don!! Wow, today's picture is beautiful, love the water and the driftwood! That is a huge piece of driftwood!
    "Do you live in a mansion?" Remember the fisherman we came upon?!! That was so funny. Have another great day and kiss (ha) the little ones for me! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda! How's the race around Estill?

    Yes, I remember that fisherman, and, yes, I think we live in a mansion. I thank God that it only has about 850 square feet. It's perfect for us and easy to keep. Karen has it fixed up so nice; we're really lucky. You should do this job sometime; you'd LOVE the dogs! I told them you missed them and they send licks.

    We're having fun, but we're doing some exploring we need to be sharing with you guys!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete