Sunday, August 9, 2009


The picture tonight is Bob Dwyer and I. We took him on "Our Favorite Hike" today! He had never been where we took him! We couldn't believe he'd never been there. We've had more time to explore this island than he has because he has to work when he's here! We are so blessed! It was fun to go with him. He was amazed, so that made it even more fun.

Last night was too cool. We continued my birthday celebration and went to the Paniolo Country Inn Restaurant to hear Braddah Smitty, again. During the evening, he mentioned, "It's so good to have you folks join us every week." I thought that was really nice. Then later he said, "Where are you folks from?" I told him Oklahoma, and the evening went on. We got up to leave and Don was already out and I was following when he said, "Oklahoma!" I thought he was cheering for Oklahoma, so I just waved back at him with my thumbs up. Then someone in the crowd said, "Come back; he wants to give you something." I went back in and he presented me with one of his CDs! I was so thrilled. I had looked on the Internet to see if I could buy a CD, but they were listed as 'not available.' How cool is that? We'll get to hear him one more Friday night. Bob Dwyer is coming down to join us next Friday.

'Our' hurricane, Felicia, has been downgraded to a tropical storm. Thank you, God!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! We'll pray the hurricane stays away from you. Love to you both. B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, B&Z! It looks like Felicia isn't going to hit us too hard, but we'll see tomorrow what happens. I've got lots of water ready. That's about all I knew to do besides prayer.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday arrangement!! It was a fun and sweet day with the kids. We ate at Gringos, came home for ice cream sundaes and I got a spa giftcard. The entertainment was the little guys running in circles.
    Love you lots,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entertainment was the best! I can't wait to see some of that entertainment! I'm glad you eat at Gringos when we aren't there; I don't feel so responsible! Ha!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete