Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Judy!



Today is Judy's birthday and she doesn't like to admit it, but she's as old as me, today. Bob Clark was in our class and his birthday was the 21st, so all three of us turned 61 this month. YIKES! We all think that sounds older than we feel. Judy doesn't even do senior drinks at McDonald's! It's my favorite thing at McDonald's! I took her with me to get one once and when I asked them how much a senior drink would cost, they said, "For YOU it'll be 50 cents, but for YOU (Judy), it will be 99 cents." Judy said, "I rest my case." I busted into a conniption fit. She never wanted me to let my hair go gray, so I had to admit I look older. She's the one who talked me into going back to eye make-up. I listen to her a lot. We are still 14, though. That 61 is just a number that people who can count use. We live in the land of 14 year olds. I'm keeping my hair, no matter what color it is; I'm just so glad to have it! I don't care how old I am, either; I'm just so grateful to be alive. I thank God for great friends like Judy and Bob to keep as friends forever (and many more!) and for the opportunity to live and enjoy them and family.


Today was a busy day for me. We had been to the grocery store yesterday and they had a bunch of beef on sale. I bought a bunch, so it had to be put into patties and put in the freezer. I mix chia seeds with the patties, so it takes a while. Anyway, I did 53 patties today and put them into the freezer on a cookie sheet, all separated by wax paper. Tomorrow I'll take them out and put them into plastic bags. It was a big job today, but it makes fixing hamburgers such an easy job and I do that 3 or 4 times a week or more. (Don's middle name is Wimpy. Ha; he loves burgers.)


I have a dental appointment tomorrow at 8 a.m., so it will be an early day for us. We're headed to bed early, so I can get up in time to get there on time. I'm just going for a cleaning, but they usually find some issue, so I'm not looking forward to it.


Have a great week! We're hoping for cooler weather this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment