Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sweet memories keep us going.



The picture tonight is from Sunday afternoon when Emily (our niece) and Monty came over to visit at Doris' house. Gregg and Stephanie were there with Colter, so Colter climbed right up into Emily's lap. He's such a hoot. He loves to play with hair and when he's tired those two fingers go into his mouth. This was such a good shot! What sweet memories!


Today has been a tough one around here. We still don't have AC in most of the house. We have it in our bedroom and bathroom, so we can sleep; that's a blessing! The guy was supposed to come back and give us an estimate today, but this is Hobart, so he hasn't been here. I'm about to melt. We've got every kind of fan going to survive in here.


The desktop gave it up, though. I don't imagine it's the heat, but it's dead. It started out today with some kind of crazy message saying that we had some kind of bad virus. My antivirus didn't see it. I called my guru and he said THAT message is the problem; back up everything you can and strip the computer and reinstall everything. I was doing that, but only got everything backed up and it quit. I need to work with it, but it's too hot. I'm about to blow a fuse. I'm going to post this blog and then go work on it some more. It has made it 8 months longer than we expected, so if it's dead, then it's dead.


Isn't it interesting how things happen all at once? Our AC in the house dies. The compressor on our oldest van dies. The desktop dies. The good thing is the mice are dying, too. Hehe. That's my doing and I'm so happy with that. We haven't caught any today, so we must be getting to the bottom of them. I'm still at war with them, though. I'm not quitting too soon on the war with the mice.


I thank God that I feel good! If I were sick, I couldn't take this heat or everything crashing. We have power, so we have ice for iced green tea. That's a life saver in this heat! We are really very blessed; this is just a tough time, but we'll survive it. We stored up a lot of good times in Hawaii, so we can handle this. We'll get it all put back together and be up an running soon enough. I hope things are good at your house. God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Hey!

    I have a new thing - carbonite. It automatically backs up my computer anytime I'm online. I love it!! It costs about $50 a month, but it's worth that to not have to fool with backing everything up and for the peace of mind knowing that if my computer dies or lightning gets it, I have all my stuff.

    You can get it at www.carbonite.com (I think...). You get a discount if you say one of those radio hosts referred you, but I can't remember which one... Rush? not Glenn.....can't think of the other guys name. Try Rush!

    Hope you get it figured out!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction!!!! It costs about $50 a YEAR!!!!! I should go to bed now.

    - me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! I was putting together a resume, thinking I'd have to get a job to pay for that $50 a month, all the while thinking I'd rather have the laptop/wifi/cell phone thing instead of that. Ha! I am so fumbling with all this stuff. I got the back up done all right; I just can't get the computer to strip. It is barely working. I think we're looking at a new computer; raising this one from the dead looks like a bigger job than I can do and even the guru doesn't think it's worth saving.

    Whew; I'm so relieved you aren't spending $50 a month! Yep, it's bedtime for BOTH of us!

    Love you gobs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gotten that same message on my computer... OH NO!
    g.

    ReplyDelete