Tuesday, August 18, 2009

From Denver



This is a picture of Karen's bed; we sure missed that last night! We had a safe flight and the best landing I've ever felt, but other than that it was rugged. We were on the last row of seats in the airplane, so we couldn't lay our seats back. Don had the window seat and I had the middle seat. That was not a pretty picture for a guy the size of Don or for me a claustrophobic. We did get to sleep some, but not much. Several United Flights had been cancelled during the week due to storms somewhere, so many people from those flights were on our flight and there was not an empty seat in the plane. There were no crying babies or grumpy old people (besides me), so other than the logistics, it was great. Our friends from church got to the airport just a few minutes after us, so we did see them and stood in line with them for a couple of hours. They got to sit in row 11, though and we were in 34, so we didn't see them after we loaded the plane.

Flying is NOT my favorite thing to do. In fact on a list of all the things I like to do it doesn't appear and it's somewhere near the bottom of things I'm willing to do to get to Hawaii. Anyway, we've made it to Denver, now. Our flight from Phoenix to Denver was pretty great. I woke up to order orange juice and drink it and slept all the rest of the way. We got to sit on row 2 and Don had an aisle seat and I had the middle seat. As long as he could escape and I could sleep and the person in front of me didn't lay down in my lap I had no claustrophobia issues. We were the first ones off the plane for a change (we were the last ones off in Phoenix)! Don watched our belongings while I went to the restroom and combed my hair and washed my face, brushed my teeth, and did the fresh mascara thing. I feel better. I'm so ready to go find food and then head for home, family and friends! Woo-hoo! I thank God for safe traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment