Monday, August 24, 2009

Reliving the Houston Apartment.



This is a picture I took on the beach at Pololu Valley. I loved the red rocks someone had collected and formed into a heart. There's no telling what it meant for them; maybe some honeymooners? It means to me that I love Hawaii and I miss it. I can't believe we aren't still there. We must be crazy. Ha! It was good to be home for a few days and it's good to be seeing friends and family in Houston. It will be good to be home, again, later this week. We'll get back to the war on the mice.

I'm having an emotional day, but it's a good day. Today Doris and I went to the apartment that was our home for 3 months last year when I had surgery and radiation. We were checking in a new lady who has a little preemie baby who will be in the hospital for several months. Don didn't go; he had to go get a direction light replaced on the car. I sure missed him because it was very nostalgic to be back in that apartment. Those were three good months we spent there. I guess I was silly to get emotional, but I did, and I missed him. It was a time I would have enjoyed sharing. It's good to share time with him, here, at Doris' too. It's pretty emotional to think of how they've opened their home to us and shared us with their family and friends. Everyone treats us so well and everyone has been so compassionate. It's sure good to be here and be healthy! I thank God for everyone who has made this whole breast cancer experience more special than terrible as it is for many women.

Two years ago I was sitting here working to figure out how to go do my chemotherapy in Hawaii. I couldn't make it happen. I look back and realize it was best to stay here and do it. It's all done and we got to go back to Hawaii, anyway. Now, that's in the past, too. Life passes quickly. We are so blessed to have many wonderful experiences. You are, too; stop and smell the roses. (Tom and Linda Rose, we love and miss you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment