Friday, August 28, 2009

That old desktop is still alive!


I had to come up with a beach picture because I'm so hot. Then when I got there, I remembered that I was usually pretty hot at the beach, too because we were always hiking. HA! So, I had to find a special beach picture. This one was a good one. It was a beach we visited the last day as we were waiting on time for our plane to leave. It was a beach that had behind it a walking trail and different places that different organizations had decorated. This one was all fixed up with feeders for birds and they were all filled! The birds were really loving it. You can see that someone was really taking good care of this site for them.

The AC guy called today and he's going to have figures for Don on Monday. We survived another day. It really wasn't all that bad. I'm so grateful that we have power to keep the fans going! It sounds like we have a an airplane in our house, but it's bearable. I'm also so grateful that we have air in our bedroom; it gives us a cool retreat when we need it.

I somehow managed to breathe life back into the desktop computer today. I wouldn't give up and it must have had a little life left in it. So far it's working. It's the worst crash I've experienced, but it has survived. I'm really in awe that it is working. I thought for a minute that I may have turned into a geek, but there's no hope of that because I don't know what I did. I just wouldn't give up and kept on until it started working. I think I out-toughed it. I sat there all day and I'm really sick of THAT!

I think we may have caught all our mice, too. We haven't caught any in a couple of days and we haven't seen any more evidence of them. That might be too good to be true, so I'm still after them. We have sticky traps EVERYWHERE. I never want to see another mouse!

Actually, I give thanks that I can see! I give thanks for a wonderful home and power and AC that will be here one day! God is great and I thank Him for all He has given to us; especially health, family and friends. (I thank Him for a husband who corrects my spelling, too, even if it's sometimes too late. If you read this earlier, you'll know I left the last e off of 'breathe,' but I got it right, now!)

3 comments:

  1. Jo,

    You know the old saying, "it comes in threes," so you've had your three! We had to put in a new heat pump this year, too, so I know how you feel. We had three things but I can't remember the other two right now so I guess that is good.

    It is so good to hear all your good news and see how great you look. Keep up the good work. Kailan is really doing wonderful too. It will be one year off treatment on Oct. 9--whoo, as you say! Then clinic trips drop to every two months--less trips for grandma but then less time to spend with the girls!

    Lave ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, Don didn't check my spelling so I got LOVE wrong (from a typing teacher at that). Hope my students don't see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Donna! I didn't even notice the new spelling of love! Don't worry; your kids aren't reading my blog!

    I'm so proud of Kailan. Cherish the time with her as well as all the others; I know you do. Aren't grandkids the best ever!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete