Saturday, August 29, 2009

Please pray for Shannon.



This picture is taken from the beach in Kiholo Bay. Kiholo Bay is worth the hike it takes to get there. Of course we hiked the long way, but it was still worth it. It's a difficult hike because it's not on flat ground. It's not hilly, but it's on gravel that's not packed. It's about 18 inches deep and it's almost like walking in quick sand. You sink, but you can get out of it; it's just hard. I huffed and puffed the whole way and Don kept saying, "Are you ready to go back?" I kept saying, I'm not going back until we see a turtle. Well, check out these turtles! Look on the black on the left side of the picture. There is a gray patch and to the right of that but before the water cuts into the island you'll see TWO turtles! When we first got there we saw only the one that is up on the ground. The other one we spotted in the water. We scurried closer as we watched the second one climb out of the water. Then we hiked around to the black you see on the right and we got some really good shots of these two. This is a prettier picture of the whole area, though, so I chose this one to post. I was so excited to see these two. Then, while we were standing there on the edge there were TWO more turtles swimming right below where we were standing! I thought I had been richly rewarded for my tough hike! There are miles and miles of beaches like this in Hawaii. They are nearly empty because you can't drive to them. I thank God that we could hike and find these places. After we saw all these turtles I didn't want to leave at all. I was greedy to see more!


Today has been a nice day here. We had two birthday parties; our friends keep getting older! So, we've been partying all day. I finally got the clothes piled in my chairs in the bedroom put away, so we can sit in there, now. I had taken everything out of the suitcases and piled it on the chairs to sift through it to get what needed to go to Houston. Then we rushed off and left the chairs piled with clothes. It feels good to have chairs available in there since that's the cool place in the house. So, we've been home 11 days and I finally got 'unpacked.'


I thought we had come to the end of our mice, but I found one more tonight when we got home from our neighbor's party. How rude! I'm still on the war path, so I'm ready for them. They won't be here long!


My brother's son, Shannon, is in ICU in Murfreesboro, TN with a high fever of unknown cause. Please pray that they will determine what is causing it so that he can be better treated. Right now they are just guessing and throwing high powered antibiotics at him, hoping something will help. They suspect everything from swine flu to tick, flea and mosquito bites, but have confirmed nothing, yet. This isn't too big for God, so please pray with me for his recovery. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment