Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HOME, again!



This is the final bouquet we left to Welcome Karen home. We got to enjoy it a couple of days before we left.


Okay. We're HOME. We had robbers again: MICE! I had left a bag of bird seed in the laundry room closet. Pretty dumb, huh. A family moved into the closet, and noticed the kitchen had a stash of popcorn, too. So, I had a mess to clean up. I vacuumed up 3 mice and tied the bag up in two plastic bags and tossed it into the dumpster. I doubt they'll live to tell it. It's not over, though. I've seen two more since all that and heard one in another place. Tomorrow will be all out war with the mice. We've never had mice in this house, so I'm not going to let them win. We'll go buy traps. Then I'm cleaning like a maniac.


We've got to go to bed, now, though. Don is already in bed. I'm next to take my bath. Then I'm going to bed. I just had to get up all the seed and popcorn and what mice I could. I'm not crazy about the idea of them running around in here as we sleep, but I know they don't have anything to eat anymore. I doubt they'll just leave, though. They'll be hunting and I'll be there with traps for them tomorrow. I may get some poison, too. I want them to be history. And to think, all I was chasing in Hawaii was ants and mold. Home is still sweet.


I thank God it wasn't a two legged robber. Although, the last intruder we had left no evidence and these mice were messy! I also thank God for a safe trip home. We KNOW we're home; it's storming outside, so I've got to get this all shut down before it gets done in by lightening. We need rain, maybe we'll get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment