Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dorothy!



Now, you might think this is silly, but this picture is of a wonderful, sweet lady who also comes to hear Braddah Smitty often. She brings her grandson with her and they both do hula dances to his music. This is a shot of her doing one of her dances. There is a lamp just above her head that looks like she has on a red cap, but that's just the lamp in the background. (I couldn't have done that if I'd meant to do it!) She dances with such intensity and love. It's beautiful and I can't help but love her. They call every lady who they love and respect 'auntie' here, and this is one we all love. When the neighbor, Jeannie came to visit last week I asked her about it and she said it's a lot like being called "mam" on the mainland.



Today we waited for Felicia, again, but she hasn't shown, yet. We went to the beach and walked it. We really like walking the beach. It sure beats any walking we do, anywhere. When we get home we'll have to get up at 5 to walk in the way early hours while it's cool enough to walk. We'll be glad for an alarm clock then. Also we'll be glad we're just getting up to walk and not to feed dogs. Ha. There's always a slant to help us with gratitude. These dogs are precious, but they are dogs. I'd rather schedule my life around my walking than around the feeding of dogs, unless it's my housing permit for a month; then I can love the dogs!



We also sat out on the lanai and simply enjoyed sitting out there. We have a deck in Hobart, but it's rare that it's that nice to sit out there. It's home, though. We're grateful for home and for house-sitting opportunities like this. We are so blessed and thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment