Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recalling a day at the beach.


This picture was taken as we hiked around some beaches a week or so ago. I was so tired. We had walked and walked. This was such a beautiful view, though; I did my best to smile for the picture. That water against the white sand is so pretty. To tell the truth Don and I are both confused as to which beach this is. I think it is the beach at the Marriott, but I'm not really sure. How fun is that; to have been to so many beaches we can't even remember which is which? We've had such a great time here.

Today Don cut the grass and it was really high. We've had a rainy month and Karen didn't expect that. She thought we wouldn't have to mow at all, but this was our second time. I say our, because I helped him rake up the cuttings. It was that high! For the last 3 or 4 years they've had a drought, so she really didn't expect it to grow like it has. It looks really good, now that it's all cut and trimmed. It was nice to be able to do it in 80 degree weather, instead of 100 degree weather, or worse, at home. David's grandson is keeping our yard cut for us at home; thank you, Shane!

I mailed a (flat rate) box of stuff back to the house today, hoping that my suitcases won't be too heavy when we head home. I'm going to package up some things to pull out and leave at the airport if they are too heavy. I think we'll be okay, since I haven't bought much and I sent anything that was heavy in the box. Shipping and weight are really big issues from here!

Speaking of weight, you'd think we'd lose weight with all the exercise we get. Don eats enough m&m's to keep his weight maintained, however, I think he may have lost a little since we've been here. He looks slimmer to me, but he says his clothes feel the same on him. I struggle with Arimidex. Two of the side effects of it are weight gain and arthritis. I have fallen heir to those, but I could have a lot more like nausea, fatigue, etc. and I don't have any others. I don't have breast cancer, either! That's the goal, so I keep my eye on that. Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment