Friday, August 7, 2009

A day around the cottage.


This picture is the refurbished flower arrangement. I had taken out some of the flowers that were dying and changed the water last week. Today I took out the dead flowers and changed the water and there were only a few flowers left. So, I raided the yard. I don't know if these flowers are good cut flowers, but I'm giving it a shot. It was fun to go out in the yard and collect beauty and bring it inside. That vase, by the way is lead crystal. It is really gorgeous. I could hardly lift it to wash it, and the detail on it is really awesome. How fun to have such a beautiful thing to enjoy. I have beautiful things at home, but it's really a treat to have some to enjoy here, too. Karen has this little cottage fixed up so nice. Everything in it is VERY nice, and she is so generous to share it all with us.

Today we stayed around the house. I washed the dogs bedding and gave them baths. They have two little houses on the lanai that they sleep in during the day and a crate inside, so all that bedding needed to be washed. They are so good for baths; I can't believe them! I washed a load of our clothes, too. That load didn't get dry, so it's still on the lanai. It'll be dry tomorrow.

We're watching the news and making plans to be ready in case we lose power next Monday when the hurricane comes. Well, Don is watching and coaching me. I haven't seen anything about it; is it Felicia? Anyway, I'm praying that God will change it's direction or fizzle it out in the ocean. If we lose power, I wouldn't know what to do with all Karen has in her freezer. It's mostly dog food; she makes all the food for the dogs. Without that I guess they'd have to eat whatever we can get at the store and be like real dogs? It will be interesting, but I trust God to take care of us.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were paying attention to the weather reports! I hope it goes on by or is no more than a reason to get cozy inside for a day for you. Batten down the hatches!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we are ready, but we don't know our way around huricanes very well. I'm good at running to the basement, which is stocked for emergencies, but I think prayer is our best answer for a huricane, here!

    Love and miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete