Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A hot day at home.



This is a picture Don took on our last day of touring around Kona. I really haven't figured out what beach this is, yet! I thought it was beautiful and there was nearly nobody here. The water is such beautiful shades of blue. Isn't it amazing that this white sand is right here by the lava? We found several such spots on Monday.


Today has been HOT. We have AC in our bedroom and bathroom, but in the rest of the house it is hot and there is no other way to describe it. I didn't even hear how hot it got here today, but I felt it was VERY hot. We bought traps for the mice, but we haven't caught any, yet. I guess they're waiting until midnight or so to do their raiding. I'm going to bed and leaving them with the traps.


You know what? I was giving thanks for my clothes dryer today! I loved hanging out clothes in Hawaii, but it was sure nice to be able to have them done and ready to go in a couple of hours today, lint free! Of course I always play 'Chinese laundry' and hang as many as I can in the closet where our water heater is. It's toasty warm in there and things dry quickly. That may be as close to a clothesline as I get because our yard is really very small except in the front and I think the neighbors would frown on us putting a clothesline in the front yard.


We got to go cut David and Dorothy's hair today. Then tonight before church I went to the nursing home to sing. So, we're getting back into what is normal for us around here. Hopefully, the AC man will have time to come by here tomorrow. If not, it's no big thing; we'll survive. We go to Houston on Saturday, so we won't be after him to heavy duty until next Thursday, when we'll be home for the rest of the summer. Ten of us met at the Kozy Diner for breakfast this morning; that was sure fun! I thank God for these wonderful friends and for their health and ours!


I also thank God for our preacher, who had a great lesson tonight and our great class teacher, who has a very thought provoking class. The preacher's devotional tonight was about how Moses did all his really great things after he was 80; what an interesting thought that is. He's a young guy (early 30's I'd say) and he was pretty smart to point that out to a congregation of folks who have a lot of members over 80. I'd say he has begun his great works already, but I appreciate him pointing out that some of us can do great things as old folks. We're blessed to have some great young people working with us. Our Wednesday night teacher is an awesome guy who is probably in his middle 30's. He's a quiet kind of guy, who farms (after several years of being a stock broker), and you don't want to miss what he says because it usually exhibits a lot of good thought. We're studying angels; another great study, and I'm so grateful to get to go through this with this class of thinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment