Sunday, August 23, 2009

The cleaned up version of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn?


This is the picture I would like to have gotten yesterday, but I could never catch them being still long enough! However, Pawpaw discovered them sitting there one day when he happened to have his camera handy, so he shared this great picture with me. It must have been very recent because this is exactly how the boys look. This is Colter on the left, and Luke on the right. They are both 2. These are our great nephews and they are wonderful to fix us for our grandkid withdrawals when we are in Houston. They are great, great kids! (Kids, can you tell which one is Gregg's? Ha! I told Stephanie, he looks more like Gregg than Gregg does!)

We had a wonderful time today. We went to church this morning and saw lots of friends and all the family there. Then we came home and I took a nap. I can't seem to get caught up on sleep since we came back from Hawaii. I thank God that we have good beds everywhere we go. I sleep good; just not enough, it seems.

Today our great niece, Emily, and her husband Monty came over to visit. They have lived in Nigeria for the last couple or maybe 3 years and they have just moved back to Houston. They hope to find work here and live here. I got pictures of them today, so I'll post one tomorrow. I just had to get these boys on today. What fun it is to see family and friends. God is so great to bless us so much.

Tomorrow Doris has to put a new couple into the same apartment we had when we 'lived' in Houston for my surgery and radiation. We're going to go help her clean the apartment and get them settled into it. I love doing this. It was such a blessing to us to have the apartment available and the time we spent there was good. I really love to be blessed to be on the helping side instead of the needing side. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment