Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fashion Statement?


Here's the picture I promised yesterday of me with the big turtle. He was really pretty magnificent, in my opinion. By the way, Don says we only saw about 15 turtles; I thought it was nearly 30, but you know I don't count well! And, remember I nearly never am making a fashion statement! My sister sent me a picture today that was taken on my first birthday. I had on nothing but a diaper and a pair of panties on my head (Trish, Raynie got it from me!). From birth I have not cared much about style I guess. However, when I go hiking my fashion statement is comfort and bring WATER! Thus, the huge water bottle in my pocket. The other pocket carries my camera and phone, silver water and lip gloss. I have to keep this rump and belly to keep my pants from falling! (However, I'd gladly carry a bag for all that stuff if I could get rid of the belly and rump, but they seem to be here for the duration and the pockets sure come in handy.)

Today has been a nice, nice birthday. Gretta called from New York at 11 her time, but it was 5 in the morning here. I was so relieved that it wasn't bad news! Plus, I got to go back to bed and Don let me sleep in until 7 when I had to get up and feed the dogs and cat. Then I got to go back to bed and sleep in again until 8. I love sleeping in!

Don wanted to go do something special for my birthday or go out to eat. I didn't want to go anywhere; just hanging around here and not working at anything was a nice day for me. I think he was kind of bored with it, but he's a nice guy and didn't complain. Tomorrow we'll probably go on some adventure and I'll be braced and ready for it. We ate out Sunday night and we'll eat out again Friday, I hope (go hear Braddah Smitty, again); those are good celebrations for me. I didn't want to go somewhere just to be going, so we had a good day here.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I thank God for another birthday and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment